Let There be Light!

A reading nook deserves a light to read by, and so we have that now – they are different, I’ll grant that:

reading lamps

The light is turned “on” here, and is just the right amount of light one needs.

reading lamp turned on

Looking down on it being used to magnify the text. Not sure how often I’ll use this feature – more so when I am doing other type of work like needlepoint –

reading lamp magnifying the printed page

This is my chair and lamp turned on. I came down this morning and he’d already unboxed them, put mine together and was working on his. To this point, at 4:40 p.m., he still has not set himself down in his chair to read yet. Old habits are hard to break.

You can see the very handy chair arm cover that has places for books and magazines as well as glasses (or remotes) – I love this feature of the chairs!

reading lamp

That’s all. Stay safe.

It’s in every one of us to be wise;

Find your heart, open up both your eyes.

We can all know every thing without ever knowing why.

It’s in every one of us, by and bye.

~ John Denver & The Muppets ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2014 Archives at JournalScape

12 Responses to Let There be Light!

Sandy from Chicago, and anyone else, this is where I got those reading lights with the magnifying glass (amazon).

I’ve used it every day since I got them and they are really super for lighting up a page of text with nice daylight kind of light. They can be adjusted easily, and I keep them now folded down and pushed back a bit. They are not the most beautiful looking lamps but I am in love with them just the same. They do their job!

2. Sandy in Chicago says:

The reading room looks wonderful. So homey and warm. I really love the magnifier too. I could use one of those.

Thanks all for dropping by, and yes, Bonnie, we can sit and have some tea in these chairs. Unfortunately, they didn’t offer any slipcovers for them at IKEA, which I thought they would, so if I get them dirty, that won’t be great. I will keep an eye out for an affordable slipcover for these things.

4. Betty Lou says:

You have done a great job setting up your reading room. I may invest in one of those lights for myself since my eyesight is going. Nice and handy chairs, too.

You definitely have an eye for decorating, Bex. The place looks great!

6. WendyNC says:

This room just becomes more and more inviting.

Yes those lamps are neat. Nice, airy, sunny room.

8. The new lamps are fascinating. I’m going to investigate about one for myself!

9. Bonnie says:

I’ll be right over with my cup of tea. We can drink in the chair can’t we? lol

10. Beautiful Bex! Lure Paul with a plate of cookies beside his chair; your cookies are sure to capture his attention. A few plates of cookies and a new habit may develop.