Anticipating…

Watching the breaking news about the weather here – it’s sunny and very hot/muggy here in Salem right now, but the TV is awash with breaking news and a tornado warning for southern New Hampshire, near Rye and Exeter. The warning has just expired, but that is too close for comfort for me! We are not all that far from NH.

So there is a huge front of storms with violent lightning moving across Mass. from west to east. I’d like this whole front to miss us, please-and-thank-you. I hate lightning/thunder so damn much!

So tomorrow the hurricane will be coming up this way, once this violent thunderstorm front passes through, and I am not liking this holiday one little bit.

I hope you all have a good one, though, free of angst and worry. I will be worrying enough for us all..

Oh great… on TV there is a banner going by saying that Hurricane Arthur has been declared a real hurricane category 2 and is at the mid-Atlantic coast right now.

Go Away Arthur! We don’t want you here.

Calm down Rebec… breathe… think of Nina over in Northumberland right now… wish I could be there with you Nina! I really really do!

So cheers for whatever fun everyone has on the Fourth!

Bex-the-worrier-in-chief!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2014 Archives at JournalScape

7 Responses to Anticipating…

1. Dang. So sorry about the weather. We’ve had a proper amount of rain this spring and summer and are glad for it – but wouldn’t want the type of storms you’re facing.

2. nina says:

You’re not alone. you have your pooches. And us. We’ll ride it out with you.

Thinking of you here, of course.
    xoxo

The thunder and lightning you had is from the same set of storms we had yesterday. We had a hefty blow yesterday afternoon. (Funny how you forget things as the rest of the day progresses. I’ll have to write about that on my blog.) But they have nothing to do with the hurricane. It was just a cold front coming through.

Hurricane Arthur is right now down around North Carolina and should still be south of you at 8PM Friday night, so Paul will be home several hours by then.

We were wondering how things were shaping up along the coast. Not good from the weather reports we saw, and not good from what you say either. Like you, I hate thunder and lightning. I hope your furry companions are less cowards about storms than our cat was. Perhaps they can be of some comfort, or else you can try to occupy your mind comforting them.

Paul will be selling his lobsters down at the harbor from 10-12 am and from 2-5 pm tomorrow, Friday. So, no he will not be staying home. He will be home for lunch, I hope.

I hate going through storms alone here… he will not be out on his boat though… for two days now… selling lobsters both days, morning and afternoon… thankfully!

6. sandy freel says:

stay in and stay safe…also make sure paul is safe and not out on a boat…prayers it all moves away from you

7. Bonnie says:

Paul is staying home isn’t he?