Local Hero

We have seen a lot of movies. A LOT of them. We have most of them here still! But I have to say, if I were asked today what my favorite movie of ALL time was, it would be “Local Hero” with Peter Riegert and Burt Lancaster among others.

I tried finding this movie for you at youtube, but this was as close as I got — not the actual movie but 39 minutes of “about the movie” with lots of music and scenes from it.

If you’ve seen this movie, then you already know. If you haven’t seen it, I’m not sure my words will be enough to convince you that this is the best movie ever made. A small movie but with huge heart. Huge. Just the music alone would be enough, but there’s just something about the people in this film that will make you want to go back again and again and again and again……

I first had a VHS tape of this movie and wore it out. I had to buy it in DVD format and still have that and it’s still working fine. I don’t know why I latched onto this today, but it just popped into my brain and I needed to share it.

Here are some more snippets to watch about this film. Enjoy.

Now, I’m off to find my DVD of Local Hero, stick it in the DVD player and off I go to Scotland. See you on the other side!

A Fan’s Tour of Local Hero Locations in Scotland.

Theme Music from Local Hero:

Buy “Local Hero” here, in the U.S.

Buy “Local Hero” here, in the UK.

Buy “Local Hero” here in Canada.

Or, borrow it from your local library!

The final scene from Local Hero:

With love,

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Check out my other blog, “From the Hawthorne Tree”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Pages from the American Notebooks, Nathaniel Hawthorne

Passages from Hawthorne’s English Notebooks

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2014 Archives at JournalScape

9 Responses to Local Hero

Forget it Christos! I don’t want any fbi here at my door for any reason! Thanks anyway….

2. Christos G. Makrypoulias says:

I know of a website that has it, but I am reluctant to send you the link, lest the FBI decides to pay you a visit. Still, if you want,…

I don’t think youtube has the movie available to watch. I searched for my copy of it here and I cannot find it. So I found a cheap DVD and ordered it! Sandy, if I get the new one and I find the old one here, I’ll send you one of them!

Yes, I’ve seen one or two of those Scottish castle shows on PBS.

We have never watched Dr. Who, for some reason it’s just not our cuppa… we aren’t really into any type of sci-fi stuff.

4. Michael says:

One of my favorites, too, Bex. And there’s our new Doctor Who, Peter Capaldi, 30+ years ago!

5. sandy freel says:

I don’t have it so you never loan it to me when you shipped me a few.
    Will look into watching this …thanks…you are better than hulu plus with your search.

6. Karen Cheesbro DiCicco says:

I loved this movie but have not seen it in years.

Something about Scotland just calls to me.

Have you been watching PBS’program series on Scottish Castles?

7. Annanotbob3 says:

It’s one of my favourites too. x

I have just made a search thru my DVDs and I can’t find my copy of Local Hero!!!! I am on the verge or ordering another one… I know it’s here somewhere (unless I loaned it to someone) but I’ve used up my mobile energy for one day just looking for it. Grrr. Back to my book.

9. Bex,

I can’t remember if I’ve seen this or not but I think I have because it was a close friend’s favorite who suggested it. I ordered it through Netflix and will watch again. Loved the snippets. Such lovely country!

x0x0x0x SWR