And the answer is…..

ORTHOSTATIC HYPOTENSION

The video above, explains what Paul has.

Wikipedia: Orthostatic Hypotension.

He went to the cardiologist today, and he was told that he does NOT have vertigo at all, that he does NOT have to see an ENT doctor, and that after doing the test for this ailment, or condition, he diagnosed Paul with Orthostatic Hypotension.

He has no medications to take. He will see the doctor back in six months. He does not have to wear a Holter monitor, and he came home from this appointment quite relieved. On the way home he stopped off at Market Basket with my weekly shopping list and did the food shopping!

Good old hubs…

The doctor told Paul that what he has been doing is just right – when he wakes up in the morning, he goes slowly, sits up and turns his head slowly from side to side for a minute or two, before standing upright from the bed.

So a week later, we have an answer to what happened to him.

Now, if only my computer would get resolved as easily! It seems that lately, every time there is an update put onto my laptop, either OK’d by me or even just automatically, like the one from Firefox today did, then I have all kinds of problems, and in order to resolve them, I have to go in and “restore my computer to a previous date” – which helps.

Now I am paranoid about these updates and I am not taking them, but that can’t be good as I know there are necessary updates out there.

What I’m hoping for, at this point, is that once I get my new “tablet” operational (please let it be easy!), I won’t have these types of problems. Will I?

P.S. Did anyone see this yet? I love it!

“Prejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil has never been loosened or fertilized by education.”

~~ Charlotte Bronte ~~

2014 Archives at JournalScape

10 Responses to And the answer is…..

Well, speaking of computer glitches, this is the first time I’ve been able to connect today! I can’t say what your problem with updates might be. I rarely can update anything on dial-up! My usual solution to intractable problems like yours is to get a new computer and it sounds like you have that in hand.

I’m glad Paul got a good diagnosis, or at least so it sounds from reading the description. Knowing what it is and that it isn’t terribly serious (I guess) is about the best that one could hope for.

Well, it’s to the point now where I’ve had to switch back to IE now from firefox… which it totally messing up my computer… what’s going on?

3. Bonnie says:

Glad Paul got to the source.

As for firefox they are driving me nuts! Some groups I can’t save the challenge to do and have to open IE. I wish it were easier to find a person at ff to address. Others I know are having trouble getting their pictures from ff.

Glad to hear they found a reason for Paul’s dizziness.

5. Nina Camic says:

Good news about Paul! Drink more water, get up slowly. What a wonderful set of medicines!

6. Bex,

Coat hanger pain…now that’s a new one. I am so glad that Paul is relieved and that he can manage on his own. I have low B/P and doc has suggested I get up slowly which is often very hard for me to remember.

I am always paranoid about updates.

I hope your tablet cures all online woes.

The great horned owl video is interesting. I have never ever seen an owl in water. Wonder how it got there and how far it has to go to reach land. It must feel so vulnerable. Hope there was a happy ending.

I can open my Xmas present early, Susan… although it’s not wrapped yet! It’s upstairs in my room sitting on my desk in its box. I did open it up and I looked at it, and I took out the little instruction booklet to see how hard it would be to get it connected, but I haven’t actually done it yet.

I figured if I leave it til Xmas morning, when we sit on the sofa, with the dogs, and open our few gifts, it only takes 5 minutes usually, this will give me a chance to sit there with Paul nearby when I try to set it up, and maybe — just maybe — he will be interested in it (but I seriously doubt it). I don’t think there is a hope in hell that he’ll ever try to work a modern gadget! But I’m waiting til then… to do it. 😉

8. Susan Honthumb says:

The videos were especially funny. I’m watching the funny duck now. Too bad you can’t open your Xmas present early…

9. That is wonderful news about Paul Bex!!!

I hope your new tablet does the job for you, fewer things to go wrong on them, but it will be another learning curve, probably not as steep as learning the computer, and a lot of your computer skills will be transferable to the tablet.

10. sandy freel says:

So happy they found a reason and he don’t have to see a whole lot of docs.