Hi Ya…

I know, I know. I am not very regular with blogs these days. Sorry. It’s a block of some sort… and words are not forthcoming.

However, I have/had an online friend, John Bailey (if you are reading this John… hi!) who used to write a wonderful blog. He was so faithful in his writing, whether or not he had much to say… he would write a little something. We, his faithful readers, would really appreciate even the tiniest of entries from John. He lives in Wales now. He is British. He is an amazing man. And now he has stopped blogging altogether, and I miss him. We all miss him, who know him. We wonder what has happened to him, to Graham, to the world he made come alive in his entries each day. If you were a reader of John Bailey “The Old Grey Poet/Journal of a Writing Man” then you know of what I speak.

Anyway, I am going thru a block now, and I don’t feel much like writing a blog entry at all. But I don’t want to just disappear either – like John has apparently done. I checked his blog the other day – everyone has left comments but it’s been more than a year now… Where Are You John Bailey?

Just so you don’t ask that about me, I am still here… going about my most boring of all lives, not getting into too much trouble except in the kitchen when that Kitchen Devil rears its ugly head and makes me crazy… but other than that, all is well, as well as can be expected.

Just so you know. Today is Saturday, 17 January 2015. I will try to get back into some sort of writing routine but not sure just when that will be. It may be tomorrow, or it may not. But I will promise you this – I will force myself to write a little blurb like this now and again to let you know I’m still here… (John? How about one from you?)

2014 Archives at JournalScape

13 Responses to Hi Ya…

1. Sandy says:

Thanks for the heads up. I hope you feel like writing again very soon. It’s an awful feeling when someone you read online for a while just stops writing. There’s a relationship that develops between writer and reader and it’s disconcerting to lose that.But you have to do what’s right for you.

2. Karen Cheesbro DiCicco says:

I know John and Graham were not in the best of health but one hopes for just a word here or there. It is hard to enter someones sphere and then suddenly they are gone, without a word. I was just thinking about them recently and then you posted this.
    Thanks Bex for letting us know you are still there, just not feeling inspired enough to write much. Understandable this time of year.

Thank you ALL who commented in here! Yes, I changed the color and the font… just to mix it up!

My friend Susan Honthumb who also commented in here just did an interesting blog herself. She was a friend of our Emily who has been gone now almost a year. It’s here if you’d like to read it.

I also miss Michael (Bunt Sign) Parlee… but as far as I know, he’s still among the living – just not blogging any longer.

Hi Mike!

I think Michael has found more satisfaction in the twitter-sphere. I think a lot of bloggers are over there now, it’s quicker and shorter and not so much heavy thinking involved. I just never could get into that particular place. I relented and joined FB, then got out of FB, then got back into it again. I don’t worship it or anything, like some people do, but it’s handy for some things.

I like a good blog much, much better though.

Love to you all for taking the time to write a few words… now and over all the years I’ve been doing this. Comments are not difficult to do (some are actually more difficult than others!) but they mean a lot to a blogger…

4. Susan Honthumb says:

Looks like you have your own little following. Great discipline to write. Maybe it will inspire me to write one for this year. Maybe. But for now Abby is giving me that look that’s suggesting that she’s not eaten in a very long time. Very neglected Labrador.

Hi, Bex! Thanks for taking the time to post. It helps keep us from worrying about you.

Did you change the font on your blog or is my tablet just acting weird?

6. Nina Camic says:

Thank you for this. It’s the one thing about blogging that sucks — the disappearance of someone who was your blogging friend. There is no way to wrap up a story, to mourn a loss, to even know whether there was a loss. And even longer pauses are tough. You want to just hear someone say — “hi, I ate this for dinner and now I’m going back to my book or movie on TV. Still here!” It’s reassuring: the world continues, life rolls forward. So thank you very much for this post even if your writing juices are low. (They seem just fine in reading your entry, but I know the feeling of low writing energy!)

7. Rosemary says:

Glad you won’t disappear, Bex. I miss John very much. Michael is another one………used to look forward to hearing from him and John.

8. Betty Lou Parlee says:

I am glad that you are not going to disappear, Bex. I also miss John and wonder what happened to him and to Graham.

9. I too followed John’s blog. Back in 1999 when I started out John was very encouraging and offered good advice and moral support. I miss him too, and wonder.

So glad you will be putting in little updates that you are alive and kicking Bex! It is so difficult when people simply disappear without a trace!

I have advised Attila that he needs to post a last entry for me, if he outlives me! I won’t hold my breath though, he isn’t keen on computers and might be too upset to think about it. Hmmm… I guess I wouldn’t be holding my breath anyway, lol.

10. Bonnie says:

we all miss him. But I miss Michael Parlee too. Nor do I hear from those who used to comment at my place all the time. Guess I bored them to death. 🙂

11. sandy freel says:

I too followed John and wonder how he is …Glad you did a yell out for him ☺