Snow, more snow, and then we go to the Dogs!

Some homemade videos of the snow in Salem, MA

The two videos above are quite short.

This one below is about 5+ minutes and goes from Bridge Street (which connects Salem to Beverly) and down into the city ending on Derby Street.

(That last one cannot be embedded, so I just made it a link.)

Below is a short video showing the Maine National Guard that came to Salem to help out in the snow removal project:

Here’s a short video of the snow in Marblehead (next town over) during one of the (many) snowstorms we had:

Below is a short little video of our home town of Marblehead in better weather… and if you will note when the video hits 49, 50, 51, 52 seconds into it, you can see where the “Much Ado Books” was located… just to the left of that black lamp post, where the two cars are parked. The Much Ado took up the first two floors of that antique building and it was ever so much fun browsing in there amongst the floor-to-ceiling stacks of books, especially up in the second floor level.

And last but not least, “Dog Park Parade” in Marblehead, raising money for the new Dog Park:

Love all the puppers! Didn’t want to leave a stormy taste in your mouth after all those snow videos!

Three cheers for the Doggers of the World,

Bex & Co.

I think I could turn and live awhile with the animals…

They are so placid and self-contained,

I stand and look at them sometimes half the day long.

They do not sweat and whine about their condition,

They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins,

They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God,

Not one is dissatisfied… not one is demented with the mania of owning things,

Not one kneels to another nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago,

Not one is respectable or industrious over the whole earth.

~ [Walt Whitman, from “Leaves of Grass, No. 32”] ~

2014 Archives at JournalScape

7 Responses to Snow, more snow, and then we go to the Dogs!

1. Susan Honthumb says:

I’ll have to return to this blog again when I have time to view the videos.

2. beanie says:

That’s why I live in California….. the pictures really don’t do the weather justice. I’ve found a lot of people here really don’t understand the impact of that much snow.. not being able to see when you drive because of the high snowbanks, slippery roads, and numbing cold. I’m trying to explain how -20 feels.. when the moisture in your nose will freeze and the tears the wind brings freeze almsot before they leave your eyes. Like I said, that’s why I’m in California.

3. sandy freel says:

I am so into having winter move on and spring come.
    Thanks for all the films to view

February was record cold for us, 28 days without even one day going above freezing. That’s something like a 135 year record, as in it has never happened in recorded history. And believe me, we weren’t even close to freezing that entire time.

5. crochetlady says:

What is worse is living where they don’t have equipment to deal with it properly. And then add the cold. Thank goodness B doesn’t have to go out in it everyday anymore, his wheelchair wheels have a big problem with it. I have two doc appointments tomorrow and if the buses don’t run, I can’t go. Global warming at its best.

So right, Maggie.

I remember when we were kids, we loved the snow, and we’d be out in it from morning til night if we could. Digging igloos in the banks of snow near the road… we’d disappear for hours on end inside of them, lucky they never caved in on us! As an “old age pensioner” now, you can have the stuff! But I know YOU don’t want it… we just want it to be gone!

7. Bex, you have validated my obsession with snow! For the last 11 years I have sat in a heavy snow load area of Ontario, all winter, spending my days alone at home in the bush, watching the snow fall, and fall, and fall… from November to the end of March. Mostly I took pictures of the snow, for five or six months, I have thousands of pictures of snow, more than I will ever want to look at again!

I hate the stuff, Attila hates the stuff, anyone who has to shovel it, or drive through too much of it, deal with flooding when it melts, well the lists goes on, the only time it is appealing is when you visit it for a vacation, or in your fantasies!