An Appearance

Wow, didn’t notice that June came in, went half-way by me, and I’ve not written anything here. So here I am, just making an appearance.

I still am not ready to write anything though. Maybe soon, I am getting near the end of a large project I’ve been working on so when that’s done, I will take photos and share.

Still in the doldrums about the Red Sox. They stink, to put it bluntly.

They are stinking up New England this season! I urge anyone who is thinking of going to a game and spending their hard-earned money at Fenway to reconsider, stay home and save your cash! Until they can figure out HOW to play baseball again!!!

I think I could turn and live awhile with the animals…

They are so placid and self-contained,

I stand and look at them sometimes half the day long.

They do not sweat and whine about their condition,

They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins,

They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God,

Not one is dissatisfied… not one is demented with the mania of owning things,

Not one kneels to another nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago,

Not one is respectable or industrious over the whole earth.

~ [Walt Whitman, from “Leaves of Grass, No. 32”] ~

2014 Archives at JournalScape

2015 Archives at JournalScape

8 Responses to An Appearance

It’s okay that the Sox stink for a little while. Heaven knows Toronto has had some problems with their teams. (Not the baseball Blue Jays, though. Thank goodness.)

2. Smartiplants says:

Glad you made your “appearance”. I look forward to your upcoming posts!

It is a bad year to be bad in the very bad AL East. The Yankees actually look worse than they were the last two years but thus far have hung in contention simply because the competition is so poor. I really don’t know how the Red Sox figured they’d have enough starting pitching without doing something. On the other hand they Yankees did a lot of shuffling in the off season and would have been better off doing nothing!

4. WendyNC says:

Bex, glad that you’ve been quiet because you’re busy with a project. Looking forward to hearing about it.

5. crochetlady says:

Glad to see you post! How are your fur babies? I have tried to get a new password for my spot her two different times with no results, so I am not able to journal.

6. sandy freel says:

Nice to see you pop in ☺

7. Hi Bex,
    I too am happy to see an appearance. Looking forward to the photos you will be sharing. x0x0x0x

8. Good to see you here Bex, looking forward to pics of the consuming project you are working on!