Goodbye for now to our Mom…

We say goodbye, for now, to Paul’s Mom

Eleanor Gray Crowell

15 August 2015

We’ll not soon forget this date in history – it is Paul’s 70th birthday today, as well.

That’s all I have. Just thinking about the family today, trying to bring up all the good times… the bad times can just stay buried… no need for them now.

EleanorYoung

Young Eleanor

Paul & His Folks 1985

Paul and Eleanor & Elmer

Taken by me on the first day I met them while we were still dating.

L to R: Toni Lothrop, Aimee Lothrop, Chuck Lothrop, Sarah Lothrop, Janet (Mum) Lothrop, Rebecca Crowell, Paul Crowell, Eleanor (Mom) Crowell, Elmer (Dad) Crowell, Leslie (Crowell) Barry, Patrick Barry, and Paul Barry

On our wedding day – the best day of my life, in his folks’ home.

39486197YkBUTm_ph

Elmer & Eleanor inspecting dinner that we brought up to Maine for them!

Mom, Paul & Dad

Paul and his folks one Christmas at Brooksby Village

Jaz, Paul, Mom & Dad and a smidge of The Whit

Notice who gets most of the sofa! Didn’t bother Eleanor! She was a trooper.

Elmer&EleanorYoung

Elmer & Eleanor in the early days.

The Crowells & the Barrys

The Crowell/Barry family out to dinner one night.

Mom and Dad Crowell, S. Berwick, ME

Mom and Dad

We gave them a magnolia tree for their new house in Maine.

Paul’s folks were like lovebirds for their entire long marriage. Each was 93 when they passed on to the next phase of Life.

We’ll meet up again… sometime… somewhere… somehow… I know that much.

(and Happy Birthday to my handsome husband Paul – who has made the last 30 years of my life worth living!)

Bex & Co.

8 Responses to Goodbye for now to our Mom…

1. crochetlady says:

So sorry to hear of your loss.
    Happy belated to your husband.

Deepest condolences to Paul and you, Bex. I too think his mother may have chosen this day to let him know how much she loved him.

Happy belated birthday, Paul!

3. Sandy in Chicago says:

Happy Birthday to Paul. I hope he’s feeling back to normal.

My condolences on the death of his mother. Your words are really a wonderful tribute.

4. nina says:

My deepest condolences and wishes for a very good and healthy and accident year ahead to Paul!

5. Happy Birthday Paul!

Sorry to hear about Paul’s Mother, my sympathies to you both. What a lovely eulogy, she sounds like an amazing woman, she must have been, she has an amazing son.

6. WendyNC says:

Happy birthday, Paul, and all best wishes for many happy returns.

7. Susan Honthumb says:

What a great tribute. I hope that Paul sees this as more of a blessing than a curse. For her to pick this day, the day she brought him into the world, takes thought. Completes her cycle. May Paul enjoy the rest of his ride in the decades he has left.

8. Sandy Freel says:

Very loving blog you wrote about her and mate all those years together…RIP to both.