He’s gone!

I have just learned of the passing, on Nov. 16, 2015, of my friend, my first real love, my old boyfriend, Jack Dearing. You may have remembered my blog about finding him after so many years of not knowing where in the world he was.

He is gone. I am so sad. I have sent my condolences to his wife and family via the guestbook online. I didn’t know any of them. I am just so sad to have lost him now!

We have written every now and then since I found him. He has helped me in a lot of small ways. I sent him an E-Christmas card wishing him and his family a happy Christmas, but he didn’t get it. Oh dear. This is too sad.

Jack Dearing

WRITTEN BY POSTED: 11/17/2015, 01:11PM

Died: November 16, 2015

Visitation Place: First Church of Christ, Scientist

MATTHEWS – Jack Dearing passed on at home on November 16, 2015. He was predeceased by his father Hal, mother Bea, and brother David.

Jack was a Vietnam helicopter pilot, a Red Cross volunteer, and an active member of the First Church of Christ, Scientist, Charlotte. He spent his career working in Quality Management, most recently for Conbraco Industries.

He is survived by his loving wife of 42 years, Kathy, his son John, daughter and son-in-law, Beth and John Wilkinson, his brothers Brad and Hal, his sister Rae, and many other loving family and friends.

A celebration of his life will be held Saturday, November 21 at 3 PM at his beloved church, the First Church of Christ, Scientist, 1048 E Morehead St, Charlotte, NC 28204. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Red Cross, USO, or First Church of Christ, Scientist, Charlotte.

“Lost But Found Again.”

Bex & Jack D. Junior Prom 1965

In sadness,

9 Responses to He’s gone!

Bex, so sorry to hear about your friend’s passing. How lucky you were to find him again, even if for a shortwhile.

Sending you *hugs*.

2. Sandy in Chicago says:

Bex I’m so sorry too. I’m glad you found him and reconnected for a bit.First loves are so special.

3. crochetlady says:

Sorry Bex, this is sad news. Please accept the prayers and hugs. I am glad you had a chance to connect with him.

Thanks everyone for your lovely words! Have a warm and peaceful holiday!

5. Bex, so sorry for your loss of a dear friend. How precious the time that you had to be able to reacquaint with each other before his passing.

Just this week, as I was sorting through some memorabilia, I found a letter from my first love, with whom I enjoyed mutual affection until his untimely passing in 1996. It took me back years, to wonderful times. Yesterday, as I was searching for a particular book on the shelf, I accidentally knocked a book off the shelf. Tears came to my eyes as I read the inscription, written to me from my first love at a time when we were together and very happy.

May your memories bring you comfort.

6. Sandy Freel says:

So sorry for you right now…sending comfort hugs…May he RIP

7. Sleeps_With_Rocks says:

Bex, So sorry for your loss. I love the photo of you two together. You have your memories in fact that’s all we end up having. I’m glad you got to be in communication with him after not for so long. x0xx0x0x

How awful. At least you did find him again for a short time. I’ve always loved George Harrison’s All Things Must Pass but only lately am coming to appreciate the truth of it. I guess we all need to try to have a good holiday reminding ourselves of those we have who haven’t passed.

9. WendyNC says:

Bex, I’m so sorry. Having a special first love myself, with whom I am still in contact, I have some suspicion of the loss you’re feeling.