Fall Has Arrived in New England

Sorry I don’t have great photos of Fall in New England for you.  Or maybe I do… I’ll go look.

fallcolors20090006

Fall in the back garden of Crow Cottage

That’s about it, I’m afraid.  A little color.  Not much.  This photo was taken several years ago, too.  It’s not colorful like that here now.  But it is cooling down and for that I am grateful.  In the 90s one day, and down into the 40s a few days later. Crazy weather.

So, this is my new home.  WordPress.  I never thought I’d end up back here.  But as you may have gathered by now, my old home is closing down on the 1st of November, so I needed to pull up stakes and move.  Actually, it wasn’t too bad.  A few glitches, and even now I have lots of editing work to do here on my older entries, but at least I was able to salvage them all – for the years 2009 thru to the present.  They are just not set up very well here, so I will need to do some editing.

WordPress has a lot of “bells and whistles,” which I never wanted and never really liked dealing with.  For someone like me, who is retired and basically stuck at home all the time, it’s fine.  I have the time to devote to it.  But for someone who had to go through this changeover and who has a job to deal with, I can’t even imagine it.

I’ll make this brief.  Maybe another picture.  I have to say, putting photos in is fairly easy once you get the hang of it.  I am not linking them from Flickr like I did before, but I do think I CAN do that… just haven’t tried yet.  Maybe I should try that right now?

29510891231_8c240aeaa9

I did it but it took a lot of effort using Flickr.  But the problem is that with the first method, the photo needs to be loaded into my account and that takes up storage space.

So that’s that.  I’ve accomplished a new task.  Loading photos.

Belle says hi/woof!  She wants me to get up now and go out front with her… we have to inspect the squirrels, the chipmunks, the rabbits, the various birds using the birdbath, and the neighbors walking by with strollers, kids, and dogs.  There is a lot for a collie dog to do out in the front garden, don’t you know?

Bex & Co.

9 Responses to Fall Has Arrived in New England

1. WendyNC says:

Bex, you did a great job of getting transitioned. While I know there’s more you want to do, you’ve certainly got everything you need for us to follow you.

• Bex says:

Tweaking, tweaking, tweaking. That’s my word for the week! or the month. Now I need to figure out how to make it so there is only one entry on the page and not a string of entries that go on forever. Does anyone out there know?

2. nina says:

Bex, changescomes at a price but I have to admit — your bog looks great in its new space! And I bet that you gained some confidence in manipulating the changeover. So maybe it wasn’t too bad? Anyway, it looks wonderful!

• Bex says:

Thanks Nina! How are you??? Bags packed yet for another trip? Yes, I suppose it does give one confidence when one solves a problem that feels insurmountable at first… I do like the looks of it here… How do you (and others) like my design? The background pattern? The fonts? The Widgets I’ve chosen on the side? I should just do a blog with these questions… maybe I will. I like input.

• nina says:

I like it all! I think it’s a huge improvement! And I like not having to click on dates but having text right before me.
        It’s spacious, subtle, pretty, clean. LOVE it!
        I list my trips in the sidebar: end of October, then December, etc. But UK isn’t until next August. It’s not due to preference. UK is damn expensive compared to every other place I visit.

3. Bex, I found you! Looking good here, hope it the switch isn’t too much work. A hearty woof back to Belle 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• Bex says:

Hello Maggie… thanks for finding me and signing up. It WAS indeed a lot of work! And still is. The tweaking is endless… like outer space… it just goes on forever… seemingly.

4. Teri says:

Time for a light jacket and enjoying the crisp Fall air. Have fun, Bex and Belle!

• Bex says:

Hi Teri, thanks for stopping by! We may need more than a light jacket here, it’s downright cold out there… well, maybe not THAT cold, but compared to sweltering heat, my bones are feelin’ it!